Friday 9 May 2008

I'm a grubber not a clubber

This week has been .......(when i find words..ill replace this). On monday i was so excited, there was actually sun; too scared to bare my legs- just yet, i was in maxi dresses for the most part. On tuesday i came out for a well deserved dose of vitamin d. Lunch with my gal pal, 'the seductress' was delightful, rice, crab meat, prawns, spring onions (i am the queen of spring onions, when i haven't got a bunch in my fridge my friends worry), savignon blanc to top it off. Girlie dates, we love...we love...

Wednesday morning 'S' is at mine for a girlie day in; i did not wake up in great form, but something scrumptious always does the trick. Hint: come visit with cup cakes or ice cream or both. We cooked up some pomme sautéed and steak....we are steak lovers unlike some girls who pretend like its too much meat for a 'lady to eat', whatever, i say they are losing out big time. 'S' pops downstairs to snag us a bottle of rose or should i say *pink wine like someone i know; one of the perks of neighbouring a restaurant. Note: this meal was for lunch and not breakfast.

It was great to have her round as she stopped me from wearing denim pants and a lousy t-shirt to fash bash later that night. "Leeeeraaatooo, how can you wear jeans to go to a club'- i suddenly regained my senses. "So, i ended up at movida for Henry Holland's, fash bash party wearing a Luella-esque floral dresses that was flying all over the place. I couldn't believe it, i could have actually worn my jeans with slippers in fact, just like the guy who walked right past my friend and i, like wt*, then the model with the uggs. Like somebody i cant remember who said, "its better to be overdressed than under dressed". We had complimentary cocktails, then a £10 martini, which by the way, left me gobsmacked, I wouldn't mind paying £10 for a slice of cake at Sketch but this threw me off...well, that's what you get when u don't pick up the tabs. (I do a lot of the time though, i promise.)

I strained my eyes trying to count how many key pieces my fellow fashionistas were sporting; one miu miu dress, one loubies(louboutin..by the way)...a couple Chanel bags....yeah that's it...oh of course some pieces off Henry Holland's S/S 08 collection. Chit chatted here and there with Yvan - face hunter. Don't know why i just couldn't bring my own damn camera. On my way out, funny looking cross dresser-man/woman-not sure, oh behind him/her/it, was Sam Sparrow, gosh if he didn't wear so many neon looking things, perhaps i could fancy him.

Next month, I'll be back, wearing jeans and slippers, but I'll try to make them fashionable slippers like a Tory Burch or maybe more casual havainas, and ill most certainly be papping it up.
(papping = to take pictures)

1 comment:

ethanarc said...

(L.m.f.a.o) Dudeyou are SUCH a New York Fashion Princess, it's amazing to read. Love it