Tuesday 20 May 2008

Thinspiration !?




What was on the lunch menu yesterday? Lemon cake and Hot chocolate with whipped cream (rather essential topping!)
Last week, i said to A, "i think i need to see someone, i may be comfort eating, but i'm not depressed, way passed that, i'm actually in a fabulous place right now, but when i get into my apartment i just cannot stop eating." My fridge and kitchen cupboards are filled to the brim, from Green and blacks ice cream, to peanut butter to crab meat (new obsession by the way!) to flap jacks to crackers (ongoing obsession btw!). I just cannot bear to wake up and not find what i feel like eating at that particular time, so i thought it best to stock up on most of my faourites.
The other night i was watching desperate housewives on my laptop, when suddently i thought, hmmm i'd like to eat something, not hungry at all i tell you. Oven on, chicken gourjons at the ready! Her response was "ha ha ha". She did not take me seriously, i was genuinely worried, but then i guess people have real problems like getting loser boyfreinds/girlfriends, backstabbing friends, not enough shoes e.t.c. Going through a whole pack of crackers, WITH butter is not exactly SAFE. FYI: I'm famous amongst my pals for being the lady of treats, you will most likely find your treat of choice at mine.

Now I have a new problem, I call it the Stilettos-Starvation. The breakfast lover that i am, i wake up, rush rush, trying to get to whatever i have to get to for the day, i grab a flapjack, sometimes a cracker then I'm off by 4pm, a cupcake.....yum....10pm I'm dying for a buffet! (buffet symbolizes the quantity, i actually don't do buffets). I was craving plantains, so i made plantains, and that was it.

OMG! from writing this it just clicked, I'm starving because i don't have time to eat, or maybe I'm worried i might eat too much and become obese but I've never been weight obsessed, and my fridge can testify.

Are any of you as 'troubled' as i am, maybe we can be rehab-buddies???

I think I'll google 'eating disorder, or spiritual healing for food addicts'. Rehab is looking good this summer.

*L
;-)

2 comments:

ethanarc said...

Ok, 1st off....i blame you, cause reading this made ME hungry(Lol)..Seriously though.
2nd, i guess when it comes to the physical aspect; it depends on if your body acts like mine (eat any little & put on weight) or like my brother (scarf down twice as much as i do & it barely does jack to you).
3rd, there may be a mental (not saying Your'e "MENTAL" dear....or am i? Lol) aspect you should consider further; i mean beyond comfort eating. Such as YOUR BRAIN REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKES THOSE THINGS CAUSE THEY TASTE AMAZING??? (Lol). That of course would be considered semi-addiction which everyone has in some way or other for different things, but when it manifests highly in food, you need to watch yourself closely babe.

LERIELUVLIE said...

OOOUCH!